Mrs. Lafferty (3rd)
Welcome to Mrs. Lafferty's Third Grade!
Welcome to Third grade! I am excited to be here at St. Aloysius Regional School in Springville, NY. I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Art at Plattsburgh State University of New York. I am currently pursuing my Master's degree in Curriculum Instruction with a concentration in Literacy. I am originally from Springville and can't wait to dive into our Communities Around the World Unit by taking a closer look at our own community's history.
Third grade is an exciting year filled with exciting science topics such as the Solar System, Life Cycles, and Technology. We will explore these topics using the scientific method as we are scientists, mathematicians, historians and authors in our classroom.
As part of our Social Studies, we will travel to China, Germany, India, Mexico, and other regions such as the arctic region. We will listen to their traditional music, read their native folklore, created art, and even play games native to that region. We will travel back in time to study the United States regions and how Native American traditions formed their unique communities of the past.
STREAM will be a key feature to put our higher level thinking skills to the test. Implementing engineering problems to create our own prototypes is always an anticipated and exciting time for our students. We will combine Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics in every subject throughout the year!
- You may send in a water bottle with your child as we will have them at our desks.
- You may send in a healthy snack each day. (crackers. fruit, applesauce, pretzels, yogurt, cheese stick, etc...)
- For our pick up students, please send in one note stating that you will pick up your child at dismissal everyday. If there is a change in the regular dismissal of your child, please send in a note or call the school office. (716) 592-7002
- Please contact me at email@example.com or leave a message at the office for any questions or concerns.
* 9/5/17 1st Day of School! (Paul Effman Band Presentation)
* 9/14/17 Grade Level Orientation (6:15 pm) Parents Only
* 9/28/17 Non-Uniform Day ($1 Donation)
Monday: Physical Education (Please remember to bring sneakers)
Tuesday: Chorus & Art (Please remember to send in art smock- old larger sized t-shirt)
Wednesday: Computer Lab
Thursday: Music & Physical Education (Please remember to bring sneakers)
Friday: Mass & Library (Please remember to bring Library books)